Reigning Russian junior national champion Sofya Akatyeva began her performance at the International Skating Union (ISU) Junior Grand Prix event in Krasnoyarsk, Russia with a triple axel-triple toe loop combination and leads the competition after the short program.
Skating to Clouds, The Mind on the (Re)Wind by Ezio Bosso, the 14-year-old Akatyeva also landed a double axel and a triple flip as she leads four other compatriots in the top six of the competition with a score of 75.89 points.
13-year-old Elizaveta Kulikova opened her short program performance with a triple flip. The second Russian later completed a double axel and a triple Lutz-triple toe loop combination as well. Kulikova received a total score of 67.08 points from the judges.
Winner of the Moscow Junior Championships last month, 14-year-old Anastasia Zinina was the third highest ranked of the five Russians today. The figure skater representing the Angels of Plushenko completed a double axel to begin her performance and later landed a triple flip and a triple Lutz-triple toe loop combination. Zinina was third based on the total element score and received the second-best score in total program component scoring (29.20 points) – behind Akatyeva (31.29 points) but ahead of Kulikova (28.48 points). Zinina earned a total short program result of 67.02 points.
Two other Russians who are expected to challenge for the podium and possibly a victory – Elizaveta Berestovskaia and Sofia Samodelkina – had some issues in the short program.
Berestovskaia landed a double axel, a triple flip, and a triple Lutz-triple toe loop combination; however, the toe loop was deemed to have been under-rotated – losing precious points. She is fourth after the short program with a score of 64.91 points.
Samodelkina started her short program performance with a triple axel but fell on the attempt. It was also supposed to be completed in a combination, thus, costing the skater some points. She later successfully completed a double axel and a triple flip to earn a score of 60.76 points. Samodelkina is in sixth place after the short program.
Results after short program:
- Sofya AKATYEVA (RUS) – 75.89
- Elizaveta KULIKOVA (RUS) – 67.08
- Anastasia ZININA (RUS) – 67.02
- Elizaveta BERESTOVSKAIA (RUS) – 64.91
- Varvara KISEL (BLR) – 63.66
- Sofia SAMODELKINA (RUS) – 60.76
- Kate WANG (USA) – 59.26
- Anna la PORTA (SUI) – 53.55
- Lia PEREIRA (CAN) – 53.51
- Maryn PIERCE (USA) – 51.63
- Nikola FOMCHENKOVA (LAT) – 47.06
- Dani LOONSTRA (NED) – 45.94
- Viktoriia IUSHCHENKOVA (ISR) – 42.26
- Dorotea LEITGEB (AUT) – 39.51
- Alejandra OSUNA TIRADO (MEX) – 39.45
- Elena KOMOVA (GBR) – 38.75
- Niginabonu JAMOLIDDINOVA (UZB) – 37.18
- Amaliya SULAYMONOVA (UZB) – 35.79
- Apiksana TANGSATAPORNPHAN (THA) – 35.64
- Charmaine Skye CHUA (PHI) – 29.97
- Aibike ESENTAEVA (KGZ) – 29.14
- Michelle DICICCO (ARG) – 26.77
- Misheel OTGONBAATAR (MGL) – 17.02
- Parrii SROHI (IND) – 7.75
Pairs, final results
- Ekaterina CHIKMAREVA / Matvei IANCHENKOV (RUS) – 189.11
- Natalia KHABIBULLINA / Ilya KNYAZHUK (RUS) – 183.87
- Ekaterina PETUSHKOVA / Evgenii MALIKOV (RUS) – 170.46
- Ekaterina STORUBLEVTCEVA / Artem GRITSAENKO (RUS) – 168.13
- Anastasia GOLUBEVA / Hektor GIOTOPOULOS MOORE (AUS) – 158.68
- Anastasiya SAZONOVA / Jamshid TASHMUKHAMEDOV (UZB) – 99.30