At the final stage of the International Skating Union (ISU) Junior Grand Prix series, Ilia Malinin dominated in the junior men’s event and took his second gold medal of the season.
Winner of the very first stage, Malinin began his free skate performance with two quads – a toe loop and Salchow. Afterwards, the 16-year-old American representative landed all triple jumps – a triple axel, a triple flip, a triple axel-Euler-triple Salchow combination, a triple Lutz-triple loop combination, and a triple Lutz-triple toe loop combination. Malinin received a season’s best result of 165.04 points for the performance and earned a total competition result of 245.35 points.
Russia’s Artem Kovalev landed his opening quad toe loop but then doubled his subsequent Salchow attempt. The 18-year-old later completed a triple axel-triple toe loop combination, a triple loop, a triple axel, a triple flip-Euler-triple Salchow combination, and a triple loop-double toe loop combination. Fourth at the fourth stage of the series, Kovalev received the third highest free skate score of 140.54 points and earned a total score of 221.51 points for the silver medal.
Winner of the third stage of the series, Kirill Sarnovskiy did not attempt a quad but successfully completed all of his jumps. He landed a triple axel-double toe loop combination, a triple axel, a triple loop, a double axel, a triple Lutz-triple toe loop combination, a triple flip, and a triple Lutz-Euler-triple Salchow combination. The 15-year-old trainee of Angel of Plushenko received the second highest free skate score of 141.50 points and earned a total competition score of 216.70 points.
- Ilia MALININ (USA) – 245.35
- Artem KOVALEV (RUS) – 221.51
- Kirill SARNOVSKIY (RUS) – 216.70
- Nikolaj MEMOLA (ITA) – 197.63
- Andreas NORDEBACK (SWE) – 197.16
- Mihhail SELEVKO (EST) – 195.79
- Lev VINOKUR (ISR) – 190.15
- Matthew NEWNHAM (CAN) – 178.39
- Hyungyeom KIM (KOR) – 177.33
- Louis WEISSERT (GER) – 174.60
- Yu-Hsiang LI (TPE) – 174.09
- Alexander LEBEDEV (BLR) – 169.13
- Kyrylo LISHENKO (UKR) – 161.19
- Emanuele INDELICATO (ITA) – 159.07
- Ian VAUCLIN (FRA) – 156.24
- Mozes Jozsef BEREI (HUN) – 145.55
- Damian MALCZYK (CZE) – 143.60
- Pablo GARCIA (ESP) – 129.31
- Efe Ergin DINCER (TUR) – 128.83
- Tobia OELLERER (AUT) – 110.15
- David SEDEJ (SLO) – 104.52
- Dillon JUDGE (IRL) – 92.48
- Sinali SANGO (RSA) – 90.03